Pleno.News – 04/04/2022 21:48 | updated on 04/05/2022 09:47
during the program Date This Monday (4), Fátima Bernardes criticized a publication by federal deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro (PL-SP) about what journalist Miriam Leitão went through during the military regime.
Fátima cited the case when showing the most talked about topics on social networks.
– Let’s start by taking a look at the most talked about topics on social media. We see here in the center of our cloud the name of journalist Miriam Leitão. Our colleague appears here because of a regrettable post by deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro who mocked the torture she suffered during the dictatorship when she was pregnant. For those who don’t know, during the dictatorship, Miriam was placed in a dark room with a snake, as one of the forms of torture. She was pregnant – Fatima said.
The presenter left a message for Leitão.
– Miriam, I would like you to receive our support, our solidarity, our recognition for the work you do to guarantee the democracy of our country, which is very important. As for the deputy, I prefer not to talk about it – she declared.
DEPUTY DEFENDS HIMSELF FROM CRITICISM
On Monday night, federal deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro published a video on his social networks to counter the criticism he received after a publication against journalist Miriam Leitão. According to him, his critics are not concerned with a “fight against hate speech”, because they are not outraged by certain publications in the press against President Jair Bolsonaro.
“They’re just worried about posing as a victim. They try to label me as a torturer, as an extremist person,” she said.
He then spoke about the issue of Miriam Leitão, who said she was tortured in the military government with a snake.
– About this snake issue, there is only Miriam Leitão’s word saying that this happened – he pointed out.
Eduardo also commented on episodes of violence that took place in the 60s and 70s.
– Now if we are going to look at the facts of that historical period of the 60s or 70s, I would like to know where is the indignation of the people accusing me of being an extremist torturer when an admiral’s head was blown off and journalist Régis killed with a bomb at the Guararapes airport – pointed out.
For the parliamentarian, it was because of the violence that the military decided to remain in power.
– And it was only after these episodes that the armed struggle began. And the military could not, faced with a scenario of instability, give power back to civilians – he pointed out.
Read too1 Eduardo Bolsonaro defends himself about “attack on Miriam Leitão”
two Moro defends Miriam Leitão after Eduardo Bolsonaro’s post
3 PSOL wants the removal of Eduardo Bolsonaro’s mandate. Understand
4 Miriam Leitão attacks Bolsonaro: “Enemy of democracy”
5 Miriam Leitão criticizes Defense text on military regime
The author of the message, not Pleno.News, is responsible for the comment.