Introduced on January 5th as the flagship generation of vivo, the iQOO 9 and iQOO 9 Pro models came to the market in different models destined for India and China with different internal configurations and slight changes in the design of the devices, mainly in the position of the rear camera module and display.
The cell phone destined for the Indian market, for example, has the rear sensors vertically instead of using a huge horizontal rectangle as in other regions. The manufacturer announced this Tuesday (5) the arrival of a new variant called ‘iQOO 9 Phoenix Orange’ for India.
Unlike other versions that come with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 platform and a 6.78-inch screen, the Indian variant has the SD 888 Plus chipset with the Adreno 660 GPU and up to 12 GB of RAM, a set that was kept in new Phoenix Orange color option made official this week.
The recently announced model does not focus on bringing important advances in the internal hardware of the device and prioritizes a technology that has been growing in the mobile segment: color change when exposed to sunlight or other sources of ultraviolet (UV) rays, a feature also present in the mobile segment. vivo V23 and realme 9 Pro, for example.
Although it is an interesting feature, the possibility of changing the smartphone’s color under certain conditions does not add any benefit to the phone’s performance and is targeted at consumers who prefer exclusivity over performance.
price and availability
This variant was made official only in India and comes in two versions with 8GB/128GB or 12GB/256GB, but keeping all other specifications besides the memories.
- 8GB/128GB: 42,990 rupees (~ R$ 2,620);
- 12GB/256GB: 46,990 rupees (~ R$2,865).
- 6.56-inch AMOLED E5 display with FHD+ resolution
- Display with hole and 120 Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus Platform
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB or 12GB RAM
- 256GB or 512GB of internal storage
- 16 MP front camera (f/2.45)
- Three rear cameras:
- Main lens with 50 MP sensor (f/1.75, OIS)
- Ultrawide lens with 13 MP sensor (f/2.2, 120º)
- Depth lens with 12 MP sensor (f/1.9)
- 5G connection, USB-C, Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5.0 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, dual-axis vibration motor and under-screen fingerprint reader
- 4,500mAh battery with 120W fast charging
- Android 12 with OriginOS Ocean
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 76.7 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 206 grams
Do you believe that this technology should become popular in future releases? Tell us, comment!
*Cover image: Chinese iQOO 9.