Itaú Unibanco and Decathlon will present this Monday (4th) a new credit card, the Decathlon Itaú Mastercard Platinum – the first joint launch of the two brands, in addition to the first product in the bank’s portfolio designed especially for people who invest in items for the practice of physical activities and seek a healthier lifestyle. The new card operates with payment in up to 15 interest-free installments and free shipping on purchases made at the largest sports store in the world – and as a launch offer, it offers the first free annual fee. The evolution of the product provides for personalized offers, compatible with the consumption pattern of each customer.
“Our commercial strategy is strongly supported by customization, so that each customer can find a card tailored to their profile, in a complete product shelf. Therefore, it makes sense for us to bet on the diversification of segments and, above all, to be present in a booming market – such as health and wellness items”, says Luís Fernando Staub, director of Itaú Unibanco. The launch, according to him, has special value. “In addition to being our first card launched in 2022, it is a project signed with the largest sporting goods store in the world”, highlights the executive.
The plan is that, in the future, Decathlon Itaú Mastercard Platinum will personalize its offers, so that they are more aligned with the preferences of each client. “We want to offer special conditions in the categories preferred by the customer. If he usually buys more items related to swimming, the tendency is to receive discounts on swimwear and towels, for example. If you like hiking, you will find advantages in purchasing shoes and accessories suitable for this activity”, explains Staub. “Other benefits related to maintaining a healthy life will be attached to the card soon, making it even more complete for those who see physical and mental health as a priority”, he adds.
“We are very happy to enter into this partnership, mainly because it fully connects to one of our most important missions as a brand around the world: making the pleasure and benefits of sport accessible to the greatest number of people. It is an opportunity to build even more loyalty among our long-time sportswear consumers and also to reach a new audience, as the offer of benefits provides a real immersion in the universe of well-being, an essential concept for Decathlon and which only grows in supporters in the Brazil and in the world”, comments Flávio Alvarenga, Treasury and Financial Services Manager at Decathlon Brazil.
The card arrives on the market with the cardless functionality, which allows use immediately after contracting (even before the physical card arrives); virtual card, for safer online or remote payments; and Connect and Pay (NFC) technology. Another benefit is access to the Decathlon Club, a free relationship program that offers discounts and facilities, in addition to promoting raffles for a variety of items among registered athletes.
Acquisition, annuity and others
• The new card can be requested on the Decathlon Itaú app, on the Itaú or Decathlon websites or at the retailer’s stores via QR codes.
• As a launch offer, proposals submitted until April 30th will have a free annual fee for 1 year.
• After this period, the annuity costs 12 times of R$ 13.30, and the minimum income required for issuance is R$ 800.00 (soon, customers will be able to benefit from the discount on the annuity from a minimum expense in the card).
• Payment in up to 15 interest-free installments is valid for purchases with the new card in the Decathlon app, website or stores. The minimum installment amount is R$50.00.
• Free shipping applies to any purchase made on the Decathlon app and website, to be delivered to any region of the country.
• The customer gets a R$25 discount on their second purchase. For this, the first purchase must be made in one of the stores or on the Decathlon website with the new card (in the minimum amount of R$100, within 60 days of hiring the card). The discount condition is valid for 30 days from the date of receipt of the voucher.