An increasing number of people are seeking to include small habits in their routine to reduce environmental impact. The act of driving can also contribute to sustainable development, with the adoption of some measures to reduce the emission of pollutants into the atmosphere, also contributing to minimize the effects of chaotic traffic that mainly affects large cities.
Next Sunday, June 5, 2022, World Environment Day is celebrated and Zul+, a platform created to be the best company for those who drive, draws attention to the importance of practicing sustainable mobility.
“It is important that the largest number of drivers become aware that it is possible to help minimize the impact, with practices that are also essential to ensure safety, such as preventive maintenance or even to improve socializing such as carpooling”says the CEO of Zul+, André Brunetta.
“All of us drivers can make our contribution. Our example can inspire friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, among others, expanding the benefits to the community as a whole.”adds.
Check out the main tips to promote sustainable mobility:
- Not using the car for short distances – The day-to-day rush makes most drivers use the car to travel short distances. It is an opportunity for the driver to assess whether he could walk or cycle to certain places. The habit of walking is important for health and well-being. Exploring your neighborhood on foot or in the vicinity of your work will be enjoyable and will help you discover interesting places to visit.
- carpooling – In addition to saving on fuel costs, giving a ride to friends, neighbors or family members is essential to reduce the number of cars in circulation. It is a way to make the trip more pleasant, exchange ideas and even strengthen relationships with people. It is cheaper and more comfortable for everyone and helps to fight pollution.
- drive smoothly – Everyone knows that driving at high speeds is dangerous and not respecting the limits established by the traffic law is out of the question for a conscientious driver. No matter how late, the driver must always keep in mind that safety comes first.
- Up-to-date preventive maintenance – Every conscious driver knows how important it is, but it’s always good to reinforce. If the vehicle is in trouble, it can increase the emission of pollutants, not to mention the risk of accidents due to mechanical failure. The best thing to do is take it to a reputable workshop for a “general check-up”, not just when planning a trip. In Zul+ it is possible to record all revisions and maintenance, with date and mileage. This makes it easier to know when it’s time to take the car to the mechanic again.
- Smart routes to save time and avoid traffic – Consult applications about the best route or to check if the chosen route has any obstructions, is an alternative. In addition to helping you avoid congestion, apps show you how the traffic is and help you plan your route more efficiently and save time.