Santos was dominated, played poorly, but drew 1-1 with São Bernardo with a late goal, this Sunday (22), at the Primeiro de Maio stadium, for the 3rd round of Paulistão.
- Chrystian scored for São Bernardo, who had a great match, was superior and let the victory slip away at the end.
- Santos tied at 44′ of the second half with an own goal by Mateus Salustiano, after a deflected header by Marcos Leonardo.
- With the tie, Santos reached four points in group A of Paulistão.
- Despite the tie at the end, Peixe played poorly and irritated the fans at the stadium and on social networks.
- ‘Root Arbitration’: The game was delayed by four minutes due to a VAR miscommunication. The referee Salim Chávez waited a little longer, but he warned the captains and the game started. In the second half, VAR came back into action.
- Inverted: With the newcomer Messias in the starting line-up, Maicon played on the left side of the defense, a rare occurrence in Santos games. It was through there, and over him, that São Bernardo opened the scoring.
- always behind: For the third time in a row, Santos started losing in Paulistão. Peixe had already left behind the scoreboard in the victory over Mirassol and in the defeat against Guarani.
How was the game?
Santos started the match badly, and São Bernardo took advantage. At 8′, Vitinho found Chrystian in the area, the striker swung at Maicon and displaced João Paulo with a low kick into the corner.
disorganized and spacedPeixe suffered to exchange passes and insisted on direct connection plays, mainly with Marcos Leonardo.
An image defined Santos in the initial stage. At around 30, Ângelo started alone on the right wing and was surrounded by four São Bernardo players, in a portrait of the Santos mismatch. The team did not hit any shots on goal in the first half.
Unsatisfied, Odair Hellmann moved in the first half. At 38, the coach removed the yellowish Rodrigo Fernández and added another striker, Lucas Braga. Thus, the team returned to play with four players up front, with Mendoza returning to compose the middle.
Léo Jabá almost extended to São Bernardo. Very organized and quick in transitions, the home team ruled in the first stage. And the attacker almost scored the second in a kick from outside the area, but the ball went close to the Santos goalpost.
João Paulo saved Santos on the way back from the locker rooms. At 2, the goalkeeper made a great save to avoid São Bernardo’s second goal. Jeferson grabbed the vein from outside the area and he stretched to defend with his fingertips.
On the beam! Best on the field, Chrystian lined up, dribbling as he wanted in the Santos defense and left-handedly hit the foot of João Paulo’s crossbar. On the rebound, João Carlos scored, but was offside.
Santos finally arrived with danger at 26′ of the second half. After a cross by Carabajal, Messias headed in a firm header and goalkeeper Alex Alves made a beautiful save. On the rebound, Lucas Barbosa isolated…
Goal annulled! Santos improved in the final stretch and reached a tie, but the goal was canceled due to offside. After a deflected header by Marcos Leonardo, Carabajal scored for the goal, but the assistant stopped the ball. VAR confirmed the appointment.
Santos tied in the basin of souls. At 44′ of the second half, after a cross ball over the area, Marcos Leonardo deflected with his head and defender Mateus Salustiano ended up countering.
Santos performance revolts fans on the networks
1×0. Chrystian put São Bernardo ahead at 8 in the first half. He received a great ball in the area diagonally, dribbled defender Maicon with ease and finished with a left hand, low, in the corner, displacing João Paulo.
1×1. Santos drew with Mateus Salustiano, in an own goal, at 44′ of the second half. After crossing the ball in the area, Marcos Leonardo deflected with his head and defender Mateus Salustiano countered.
Saint Bernard 1 vs 1 Saints
Competition: Paulistão 3rd round
Place: First of May Stadium (Sao Bernardo do Campo-SP)
Date and time: Sunday (22), at 6:30 pm (from Brasilia).
Referee: Salim Chavez
Assistants: Luiz Alberto Nogueira and Robson Ferreira Oliveira
Yellow cards: Alex Alves (São Bernardo); Rodrigo Fernandez (Santos)
Goals: Chrystian (8′ into the first half); Mateus Salustiano (at 44′ of the second half)
ST BERNARD: Alex Alves; Hélder, Matheus Salustiano and Rafael Vaz; Jeferson (Alex Reinaldo), Rodrigo Souza, Vitinho Mesquita and Arthur Henrique; Chrystian (Felipe Marques), Léo Jabá and João Carlos (Jhony Douglas). Technician: Mario Zanardi.
SAINTS: João Paulo, João Lucas, Maicon, Messias and Lucas Pires; Rodrigo Fernández (Lucas Braga), Dodi and Sandry; Angelo (Lucas Barbosa), Mendoza (Carabajal) and Marcos Leonardo. Technician: Odair Hellmann.