Grêmio won today (1) Esportivo by 2-0, at Estádio Montanha dos Vinhedos, for the fourth round of the 2023 Gaucho Championship, and isolated itself in the lead of the competition.
- The winning goals were scored by Pepê and Ferreirinha, at 30 and 35 minutes of the second half, respectively.
- For the match, coach Renato Portaluppi changed practically the entire “mixed” starting lineup that beat São José in the previous round. Of the initial 11 of the last confrontation, only Cristaldo remained in the lineup.
- Even away from home, Tricolor Gaúcho had absolute control of the actions in the match and created several chances until they managed to clear the scoreboard.
- Luis Suárez, a reference in the team’s attack, was very active in the game, but had few opportunities to define the plays. He almost gave an assist to Ferreirinha in the initial stage, but the number 10 finished on top of the mark.
- Grêmio reached 12 points with the result and increased the provisional distance to the vice-leader to five points. Esportivo, in turn, is 12th in the table, at the bottom, with just one point.
- Tricolor returns to the field next Saturday (4th) to face Aimoré, at 4:30 pm (from Brasilia), at Arena Grêmio, while Esportivo visits Caxias on Sunday (5th), at 4 pm.
Curiosity: Despite having gone blank for the first time at Grêmio, Suarez maintains his more than one goal average per game. The number 9 scored five goals in four matches played — the Uruguayan scored one hat trick in his debut, in the Supercopa Gaúcha.
Grêmio maintains 100% and is isolated in the lead
In search of the sixth consecutive state championship, Tricolor arrived for the match as the only team with 100% success in the tournament. The goals took a while to come out, but Grêmio managed to maintain the perfect campaign.
The visitors imposed themselves from the start, controlled possession of the ball and posed danger to the opponent’s goal. Despite the superiority, the team failed to hit Esportivo’s goal.
The owners of the house, completely closed, managed to maintain the boom strategy for an hour. Esportivo mostly occupied their side of the field, barely reached the attack and did little to change the score in their favor.
After much insistence from the Gremista side, the first goal came from Pepê’s feet, 30 minutes into the final stage, who scored a great goal from outside the area. After taking the zero off the scoreboard, the team quickly expanded, at 35′, with Ferreirinha, closing the scoring.
1×0. In the 30th minute of the second half, Pepê was triggered by Cristaldo near the entrance to the area, hit from afar and scored a great goal. Goalkeeper Copetti even jumped, but could only follow the arc of the ball until it filled the net.
2×0. Five minutes after opening the scoring, Grêmio increased with Ferreirinha. The number 10 received from Suárez, feinted the marking when invading the area and finished with category to declare the victory.
Sports 0 x 2 Grêmio
Tournament: 4th round of the Gaucho Championship
Place: Estádio Montanha dos Vinhedos, in Bento Gonçalves, in Rio Grande do Sul (RS)
Date and time: February 1, 2023, at 8 pm (Brasília time)
Goals: Pepê (GRE), at 30′ of the second half, and Ferreirinha (GRE), at 35′ of the second half.
Yellow cards: Fabrício (ESP), Thiaguinho (ESP), Hoppolito (ESP) and Copetti (ESP).
Referee: Leandro Vuaden
Sport: Copetti; Cleiton (Gabriel Kunz), Tairone, Jean and Roger; Prill, Hippolito (Cristian) and Fabrício; Thiaguinho (Cris Magno), Roger Bastos (Richard) and Flávio Torres. Technician: Carlos Moraes.
Guild: Brenno; Fabio, Bruno Alves, Kannemann and Reinaldo; Pepê, Carballo (Gabriel Silva) and Bitello; Cristaldo (Thiago Santos), Luis Suarez and Ferreira. Technician: Renato Portaluppi.